Apply for a Compilation of Information
Who can apply for a compilation of information?
Any interested person may file an application for a compilation of information with the Registraire des entreprises.
What is a compilation of information?
A compilation of information is a set of information related to a list of enterprises obtained using specific search criteria.
The apply for a compilation of information process includes three steps:
- obtaining an access code;
- accessing the search tool to create a compilation of information;
- downloading the compilation of information.
To obtain an access code or to access the search tool you must select Produire une nouvelle demande once you have accessed the first page in the Demander un regroupement d'informations online service.
Select Continuer une demande enregistrée et non transmise only where you have saved a request that you have not transmitted to complete it at a later time.
Obtaining an access code
You must have an access code in order to use the search tool that allows you to create a compilation of information.
You will be charged a basic fee to activate the access code for the first 500 files. The fee will be subtracted from the total cost of producing the compilation of information. A fee of $0.20 applies to each additional file.
The basic fee is charged for each request for a compilation of information, even if you do not download the results. It is thus not refundable.
Accessing the search tool
To apply for a compilation of information, you must conduct a search using the appropriate tool. More specifically, you will be asked to:
- specify the basic criteria, such as the type of enterprise and economic activities. Once the criteria have been determined, they cannot be modified;
- specify secondary criteria to limit the number of results, such as the period, registration status and geographical location. Once the criteria have been determined, they can be modified;
- determine the desired format of the compilation of information (complete file for each enterprise or a list containing the postal contact information and the Québec enterprise number [NEQ] of the enterprises);
- choose the type of medium (download, CD or paper). If you choose CD or paper, an additional fee of $27 will apply;
- sort the compilation of information according to certain criteria, e.g. a primary or secondary sorting.
When you have specified all of the search criteria, you can ascertain the number of results and the cost of the transaction. At this point, you can refine your search to limit the number of results.
After you have transmitted your request specifying the criteria, you will be assigned a download code. This code will be activated once the request has been paid. The fees for the request are the fees to be paid once the basic fee has been deducted. The basic fees will not be refunded even if you do not transmit the request or if you do not pay the fee for the request after you have transmitted it.
Downloading the compilation of information
Before downloading the compilation of information, make sure you have enough space on your hard drive. The size of the file and your internet connection speed determine how long it will take to download the file. In order to allow the system sufficient time to carry out all the necessary searches and validations, the file will only be available for download on the day following your request. If you activate your download number before 5 p.m., your file will be ready by 8 a.m. the next morning.
You can exit the service at any time to complete your request at a later date. Your data will be saved for 30 days.
- The Gouvernement du Québec owns the copyright on the information transmitted in a compilation of information. The reproduction of such information is prohibited unless you first obtain specific authorization from the government to reproduce it.
Fees and terms of payment
The fees applicable to a request for a compilation of information are given in form RE-101, Fees and Terms of Payment (see English courtesy translation RE-101-T).
There is no charge for educational institutions and government departments and agencies that request a compilation of information for research purposes.
Information that is not available in a compilation of information
Certain information may not be available when you submit your request. For example, certain enterprises may be in the process of registering or hold partial registration, or certain data may be in the process of being input. The enterprise register is updated daily.
The Act respecting Access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information stipulates that nominative information is confidential. Nominative information means information concerning a natural person that makes it possible to identify the person.
The following information may not be drawn from the enterprise register and be included in a compilation of information:
- the name of the registrant (except in the case of a sole proprietorship);
- the address of the elected domicile;
- the names and addresses of persons related to the registrant, i.e. shareholders, directors, chief officers, attorneys, administrators of the property of others, partners, general partners and limited partners;
- telephone and fax numbers and email addresses. This information is never available in the enterprise register.
Moreover, the Demander un regroupement d'informations online service does not provide statistical information on enterprises.