Request a Copy of a Document or a Certificat d'Attestation
Use the Demander une copie de document ou un certificat d'attestation online service to obtain:
- a copy of a document deposited in the enterprise register, in the central enterprise database (documents dating from before 1994) or in the database of public authorities;
- a Certificat d'attestation;
- a Certificat de régularité.
- The certification number provided with the copy and the attestation number provided with the Certificat d'attestation make it possible to verify the validity of the document using the Vérifier un numéro de certification online service.
You may leave the service at any time and return to complete the request later. Your data will be kept for 30 days.
Requesting a copy of a document
Use the Demander une copie de document ou un certificat d'attestation online service to request a certified or uncertified copy of a document.
A certified copy is a copy that the Registraire des entreprises certifies to be an exact copy of the document in the register.
To request a copy of a document concerning an enterprise, you need the enterprise's file number, that is, its Québec enterprise number (NEQ), its central enterprise database number (FCE) or its number in the database of public authorities, which you can obtain by means of the Rechercher une entreprise au registre online service.
Requesting a Certificat d'attestation
You can also request a Certificat d'attestation confirming the status of an enterprise's registration in the enterprise register.
Such a certificate indicates whether the enterprise:
- is registered;
- has failed to file one or more annual updating declarations;
- has failed to comply with a request from the Registraire des entreprises;
- is in the process of liquidation or dissolution.
It also indicates the date the enterprise was registered and whether its registration has been cancelled.
The Certificat d'attestation issued by the Registraire des entreprises confirms the registration status of an entity. Do not confuse the Certificat d'attestation with the Attestation de Revenu Québec, which is required to submit a bid in response to a public call for tenders or to conclude a mutual agreement contract.
To obtain an Attestation de Revenu Québec, consult Revenu Québec’s website.
Requesting a Certificat de régularité
Use the Demander une copie de document ou un certificat d'attestation online service to request a Certificat de régularité confirming the filing of all the required annual reports as at December 31, 1993. For purposes of the request, the enterprise's file number corresponds to the central enterprise database number that was assigned to the enterprise (FCE), not its Québec enterprise number (NEQ). You must select Attestation in the list of documents.
- We suggest you check that the enterprise’s file is up to date before you request a Certificat d'attestation or a Certificat de régularité.
Fees and terms of payment
The fees applicable to requests for copies of a document, or a Certificat d'attestation or a Certificat de régularité are given in chart RE-101, Tarifs et modalités de paiement (see English courtesy translation RE-101-T).